30. January 2011 14:08
I have finally decided on a code name for my project it is Project Aqua.
The first step for me was to create a database. I had created a normalize data model years ago which is still valid, but I decided to follow the TDD methodology and only create what I need right now. This really goes against my 30 years of being in the software development business, but I really do have a due date and this will get me there faster.
We currently have the data we need for this application in Excel spreadsheets. Some of it comes from SOVA (Special Olympics Virginia). I decided for right now I am creating one table called Volunteers.
Here is the Sql Server table I created:
23. January 2011 15:04
My first task for Prince William Special Olympics (PWSO) is to create a Silverlight application to manage their Class A volunteers. Class A volunteers in Special Olympics Virginia (SOVA) are persons who have access to the athletes and have passed a background check. They can be coaches, chaperones, etc. Because the term of the Class A volunteer expires every 3 years, the first concern for PWSO is to determine which volunteers need a current background check.
This will be the first task of this new application. A couple of months ago I did some work with SketchFlow to determine some of the requirements. For the remainder of this project (still in search of a code name), I will try to use a Scrum Methodology and Test Driven Development (TDD).
The technologies I will be using are C#, Ado.Net Entity Framework 4.0, Silverlight and WCF RIA Services. I will also be using MVVM pattern and maybe the repository pattern. Keep following my blog to see how this project progresses.